Franchises > Native Grill and Wings Franchise Review
Native Grill and Wings Franchise Opportunity
35 years of serving "Award Winning Wings" to families, friends, and sports enthusiasts. Native Grill & Wings has matured over 35 years of uncompromising flavor, food and fun. With the brand starting out as Native New Yorker Restaurant, named after a goofy little disco song that the founding family members listened to as they made their way from Buffalo New York in 1978, the birth place of the infamous chicken wing, to Native Grill & Wings which represents the loyal following of our guests. It can be heard over and over again; "I visited this Native", "we met at this Native", "we celebrated our championship game at this Native". With 30 restaurants and growing, Native Grill & Wings is looking to break into emerging markets with strong, like-minded Franchise entrepreneurs who are passionate about keeping the legacy of the Anderson family dream alive and well.
The 20 plus time winner of "Best Wings" awards is expanding to a location near you. We are currently in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas. Native Grill & Wings continues to serve chicken wings, along with sandwiches, burgers, salads, and much more; its choices are sure to leave your mouth watering and your lips smiling. Today, with chicken wings becoming more and more popular, Native Grill & Wings is still winning awards for its wings, its sauces, its menu and for being the only unique concept where guests can order all 19 flavors by the individual wing. Native Grill & Wings is the market leader with this unique niche. Big Games, Big Fun, One Big Family-Your Native!
To provide our guests with excellent service, exceptional food, and a memorable experience, while continuing to be the "Coolest Place for the Hottest Wings."
We believe in Big Games, Big Fun, One Big Family: My Native, Our Native, Your Native.
All new Native Grill & Wings franchisees receive the support and training required to open their restaurants quickly and efficiently, including:
Site selection assistance and guidance, including field visits
- Standard prototype plans and specifications, including interior layout and décor, equipment specifications and sign design that your local architect must adapt to meet local code requirements
- Wingman Certified Trainer Program
- Lease/ purchase negotiations assistance
- Professional layout, blueprint, design, and construction document review and analysis
- Complete equipment lists and specifications
- Pre-approved third party suppliers
- Guidance in securing a liquor license
- Grand opening promotions assistance and on-site opening assistance
- Operational and management tools
- Comprehensive pre-opening assistance and restaurant opening training package
Once your Native Grill & Wings restaurant is open, you'll have the continuing guidance, consultation and support of our Native Grill & Wings Franchise Consultant staff. Help or advice is only a phone call or site visit away. Ongoing support services include:
- Confidential operations manual documenting Native Grill & Wings operational procedures
- Ongoing marketing-manual guidance
- Ongoing operational, marketing, and financial-control consultation as needed
- National purchasing programs
- Scheduled visits from your Franchise Consultant
- Appropriate in-service training and/or retraining of your restaurant staff
Our start-up and ongoing training programs will instruct you and your staff in many aspects of running a Native Grill & Wings franchise, including:
- Preparation of all Native Grill & Wings menu items
- Quality and food portion control
- Effective food service operations
- Beverage and inventory management
- Marketing, promotions, and public relations
- Management tools, systems, and routines
- Cleanliness, organization, and sanitation standards
Execution of opening and closing management functions
Financial Cost & Criteria
As with any expanding franchise system, we have many interested parties inquiring about buying a franchise. To measure a candidate's qualifications, we have established the following requirements:
- Required liquid assets: Minimum of $350,000 per restaurant.
- Required net worth per restaurant of $1.0 million.
- Total Estimated Initial Investment $650,000 to $2,250,000
- No more than 80% of the start-up costs be leveraged; 20% of any single store's start-up costs must be in liquid assets.
Each franchise group must have a person with multi-unit restaurant management experience with alcohol. If you do not personally have this background and experience, you will be required to have what we call an "Operating Partner." Your Operating Partner will be responsible for operations of your franchised restaurant network. It is your responsibility to secure an Operating Partner if you do not have the substantive experience required.
Each franchise restaurant location must at all times have a full-time, qualified, experienced General Manager (GM). The GM must have direct experience in unit-level management in the casual dining environment that included alcohol.
- Freestanding pad-site locations, on hard corner
- End caps
- 4,500 - 6,000 sq. ft., 80-120 parking places
- Excellent signage and visibility
- Excellent site ingress and egress with traffic signal
- Seven-day-per-week liquor sales
- Minimum 40,000 population, 80% or greater between the ages of 20 and 50 within the trade area, $38,000-$58,000 or greater median household income within the trade area
- Minimum daytime/lunch population of 10,000
- Lifestyle or power centers with "big box" anchors: Old Navy, Petsmart, Kohl's, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.
- National casual dining brands in a contiguous restaurant corridor
- Super Wal-Mart, Super Target
- Regional, super-regional malls
- Colleges, universities
- Healthcare corridors
- Movie Theaters (Stadium Seating - First Runs)
- Minimum daily traffic count in front of site - 25,000
- Minimum daily traffic count on adjacent side street - 10,000
- P.M. traffic side, far side of light